Skip to main content

My Favorite Happy Hour in Fort Worth

One of my favorite things to do in Fort Worth is grab an affordable drink and a reduced-price snack with my friends. This is also known as happy hour, and below are a few of my favorite happy hour hangouts. Atmosphere is as important to me as price, so these warm places are more than inviting. Click restaurant names for link to place website.

Winslow's Wine Café 
This quaint little neighborhood hangout offers a red and white wine selection during their happy hour for $6. The wine changes weekly, which I like because I'm introduced to new wines this way. Cocktails are about $2 off regular price. A Kettle One vodka martini would be $11 during happy hour and $13 during regular hours. The pizza is about $5 dollars off the regular price (which varies depending on which pizza you order). A few other items like their hummus are also discounted. The garlic-truffle hummus on their warm pita bread is my favorite in town.

The patio and restaurant are warm and inviting. I think the atmosphere is my favorite thing about this place. Happy hours are 5 p.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and all day Sunday.  Warning: not a big fan of the brunch.

Eddie V's
Eddie V's on W. 7th in Fort Worth
My favorite happy hour-priced food in town!  The huge lump crab cake is $8 and melts in your mouth, but my favorite is the tuna tartar with mango, grapefruit and avocado for $7. Yum. Gulf oysters are 75 cents each. As for drinks, I usually get their Svedka vodka martini or house red wine (Mark West pinot noir), both for $5. If you want Belvedere vodka then you'll need to cough up a little more dough. Dinner and a drink for $15 in this elegant enclave is a steal.

And the best part about this happy hour is that it is seven days a week — from 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and all day Sunday and Monday. I also prefer happy hour times because you can hang out before the crowds hit, which means you can hear your friends talk.

Cat City Grill
Cheap flavored martinis and great snacks to share. Try the tempura asparagus spears and pear martini. Their hours are 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. I love to sit by the window and look out on the street at the year-round Christmas lights on Magnolia Avenue.

I'm always looking for new happy hour hangouts, so if you have any suggestions please comment on this post.

Comments

  1. I forgot to add Taverna and Reata! And I heard Lili's Bistro has happy hour specials on their wine Tuesday through Thursday. When their new add on is complete in a few weeks they will have a bar with beer on tap, etc. We'll see if that expands their happy hour! I'll update soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Little Lilly Sushi

Although it may look the same as Fort Worth's original sushi joint,  Little Lilly Sushi is a different animal (or fish) in a novel way. diced tuna, sushi rice, shiso, sake-soy, mountain yam and wasabi It's in the same location and has the same chummy atmosphere as the former Hui Chuan but a crisp carte du jour. The 24-year-old blooming chef, Jesus Garcia, created the menu and plays with it weekly to keep his job amusing and see what works for his customers. And trust me, it's DELICIOUS. So good that it inspired me to write on my food blog for the first time since I had my baby. He's 11 months old. While there are a few items that stay on the menu (like my favorite Hamachi Zest roll), he adds treats every week to keep things interesting. Check out their Facebook page under the "current fish selection" album to see what's fresh and what Jesus is experimenting with this week. If ever confused by the contents, Chef Garcia explains all of his crea...

Weekend on Caddo Lake

T he mysterious tall trees Caddo Lake is known for remain hidden in the early morning darkness. Our fishing guide, Billy Carter , is supposed to meet us at 7 a.m., but the sun has yet to rise. The tired family gathers around the breakfast table grabbing Marie Calendar’s cinnamon rolls and Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits discussing our potential catches for the day. As the sun peeks through the cypress forrest, I remember how uniquely beautiful it is here. Rumored to be five hundred years old, bald cypress trees grow 60 feet out of the water. The angelic Spanish moss delicately hangs from the trees’ limbs — it doesn’t rustle in the wind like leaves do, rather it quietly dances and floats like individual notes in a harmonious composition. In the dark when the wind is still, they look like stalagmites in a cave. Legendary Billy Carter Billy pulls up a little after 7, and six of us pile into the boat. Billy’s roots run as deep as the ring-dated 400-year-old bald cypress trees that tower ...

Big Sky No. 2, parts 1+ 2

  By Jocelyn Tatum   I have an affinity for all things that cause me to look up — mostly trees and clouds. When I walk the dogs or go for a long run, I often trip over something because I am admiring tree limbs reaching toward the ever-changing clouds, or the way sunlight plays with both.    Komorebi is a Japanese word that doesn't have an English translation, which means the way light travels through the leaves of trees. I wonder if there is a word for the way light shines through the clouds. Fall Gallery Night 2019, I stumbled upon a magnanimous canvas of clouds with the sun piercing through. It knocked me back. I took a picture just to admire it from home but walked away knowing I would never allow myself to get it. A year later, it occurred to me that I still think about that art. The strange state of things and lots of extra time at home has encouraged me to do things I never thought possible. And I don't understand the correlation between the pandemic and my n...