Skip to main content

Upcoming Events in Fort Worth

Click the event name to link to website for more information. 
April 28: The Aluminum Show at the Bass Hall
Aluminum Show
OK, I've never seen this show, but it looks awesome! Does it count if I've been to the venue before? The choreographer uses aluminum tubes and dance to create odd visual effects on stage.  Click here to watch a video of the eccentric Israeli dance group. It's 7:30 p.m. April 28 at the Bass Hall.

If you are anything like me and would like to know more about the FW mayoral candidates, then this would be a good event for you. It's from 5-7 p.m. at TCU's Brown Lupton Union Auditorium.

May 5-8: Mayfest
Maybe it's because I've been going to this event since I was in my mom's belly, but I think this is fun to do at any age. I love walking around, eating all of the snacks, watching the performances and playing some of the games. But there's endless activities for the kiddos. Try to avoid tornados.

May 15: Hidden Gardens of Fort Worth
Take a walk through FW's finest private gardens. For those of you with a green thumb or just want to see beautiful landscaping, this event is from noon to 6 p.m. one day only. Ticket sales benefit the Historic Fort Worth, Inc.

May 16-22: Colonial Golf Tournament
You don't have to love golf to like this event. It helps though.

This is one of my favorite summertime activities. Grab an old blanket, bring your favorite beer or wine and some cheese, and watch your favorite show in the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. The Beatles and Star Wars shows are some of my favorites from the past. I've done this with my sister, on dates or with groups of friends. Although I don't have children yet, I've seen lots of families at the shows. Update: The lineup is set for this summer series. Click here for a Star-Telegram schedule of events. 

August 10: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
I went to this show as an adult with some girlfriends. My sister surprised me with tickets as a going away present before studying abroad. It was a magical night, and even more entertaining that I remember it being as a child. The people swinging from the rafters, the tricks and more were all fascinating. Tickets go on sale May 21. The show will be 7:30 at the FW convention center.

April 29-30: Looking to leave town? Check out the Granbury Wine Walk this weekend. Read more about it on my friend's blog [click here].

Comments

  1. Hi Jocelyn!

    I handle the public relations for a bowling lounge that is opening in Fort Worth, and I was wondering if you have an email address where I can send you some information about it? Please let me know!

    You can reach me at claire@kmccrory.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Little Lilly Sushi

Although it may look the same as Fort Worth's original sushi joint,  Little Lilly Sushi is a different animal (or fish) in a novel way. diced tuna, sushi rice, shiso, sake-soy, mountain yam and wasabi It's in the same location and has the same chummy atmosphere as the former Hui Chuan but a crisp carte du jour. The 24-year-old blooming chef, Jesus Garcia, created the menu and plays with it weekly to keep his job amusing and see what works for his customers. And trust me, it's DELICIOUS. So good that it inspired me to write on my food blog for the first time since I had my baby. He's 11 months old. While there are a few items that stay on the menu (like my favorite Hamachi Zest roll), he adds treats every week to keep things interesting. Check out their Facebook page under the "current fish selection" album to see what's fresh and what Jesus is experimenting with this week. If ever confused by the contents, Chef Garcia explains all of his crea...

Weekend on Caddo Lake

T he mysterious tall trees Caddo Lake is known for remain hidden in the early morning darkness. Our fishing guide, Billy Carter , is supposed to meet us at 7 a.m., but the sun has yet to rise. The tired family gathers around the breakfast table grabbing Marie Calendar’s cinnamon rolls and Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits discussing our potential catches for the day. As the sun peeks through the cypress forrest, I remember how uniquely beautiful it is here. Rumored to be five hundred years old, bald cypress trees grow 60 feet out of the water. The angelic Spanish moss delicately hangs from the trees’ limbs — it doesn’t rustle in the wind like leaves do, rather it quietly dances and floats like individual notes in a harmonious composition. In the dark when the wind is still, they look like stalagmites in a cave. Legendary Billy Carter Billy pulls up a little after 7, and six of us pile into the boat. Billy’s roots run as deep as the ring-dated 400-year-old bald cypress trees that tower ...

Big Sky No. 2, parts 1+ 2

  By Jocelyn Tatum   I have an affinity for all things that cause me to look up — mostly trees and clouds. When I walk the dogs or go for a long run, I often trip over something because I am admiring tree limbs reaching toward the ever-changing clouds, or the way sunlight plays with both.    Komorebi is a Japanese word that doesn't have an English translation, which means the way light travels through the leaves of trees. I wonder if there is a word for the way light shines through the clouds. Fall Gallery Night 2019, I stumbled upon a magnanimous canvas of clouds with the sun piercing through. It knocked me back. I took a picture just to admire it from home but walked away knowing I would never allow myself to get it. A year later, it occurred to me that I still think about that art. The strange state of things and lots of extra time at home has encouraged me to do things I never thought possible. And I don't understand the correlation between the pandemic and my n...