Skip to main content

Coffee Shop Review


Hi readers! I am working on a Fort Worth coffee shop review. Comment below, or email me (foodtravelfortworth@gmail.com) to tell me all about your favorite coffee shop in Fort Worth. 


I will help get you started by listing a few local watering holes for the caffeine addict. 




  • Avoca: friendly, loud music, hipster, love the bright atmosphere, great coffee, purists, no toaster oven for their baked goods (just a toaster, which the bagel weenie doesn't fit in), fast internet, have milk alternatives*.
  • Brewed: very friendly, business as mission, warm and inviting atmosphere, good coffee, expensive, music at reasonable volume, fast internet in bar area, food too expensive for what you're getting, have milk alternatives. 
  • Buon Giorno: strip center, fast internet, friendly, quiet, good coffee, not-so-good atmosphere, have milk alternatives. 
  • The Cup: amazing frozen hot chocolate, don't bring your messy toddler because the owner might say something, not-so-good atmosphere, expensive, great snacks, Illy coffee, inconsistent and short hours (7 a.m.-12 p.m. for now), no internet because owner doesn't want people parked in shop for too long, convenient location, local hangout, have milk alternatives. *The Cup now has a side business called Sip. They serve wine and heavy hors d'oeuvres. 
  • Craftwork Coffee Co. : This place has the BEST service and are consistently kind. The atmosphere is inviting and coffee is amazing. Try their funky drinks like a "stormy chai." Locations on Camp Bowie and Magnolia. 
  • Paris Coffee Shop: diner, familiar, comfortable, friendly, no internet, not-so-good coffee, no milk alternatives, some of the best pies in the U.S. according to Bon Apetit magazine. 
  • The Kimbell Art Museum Café: drip coffee is only option, but delicious, wonderful food, atmosphere is perfection and designed by the noted Louis Kahn, no internet, short hours (11 a.m.-3 p.m.), no milk alternatives.
* Milk alternatives are coconut, almond, soy, rice or hemp milk. 

Am I missing anything? If so, let me know.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little Lilly Sushi

Although it may look the same as Fort Worth's original sushi joint,  Little Lilly Sushi is a different animal (or fish) in a novel way. diced tuna, sushi rice, shiso, sake-soy, mountain yam and wasabi It's in the same location and has the same chummy atmosphere as the former Hui Chuan but a crisp carte du jour. The 24-year-old blooming chef, Jesus Garcia, created the menu and plays with it weekly to keep his job amusing and see what works for his customers. And trust me, it's DELICIOUS. So good that it inspired me to write on my food blog for the first time since I had my baby. He's 11 months old. While there are a few items that stay on the menu (like my favorite Hamachi Zest roll), he adds treats every week to keep things interesting. Check out their Facebook page under the "current fish selection" album to see what's fresh and what Jesus is experimenting with this week. If ever confused by the contents, Chef Garcia explains all of his crea...

Weekend on Caddo Lake

T he mysterious tall trees Caddo Lake is known for remain hidden in the early morning darkness. Our fishing guide, Billy Carter , is supposed to meet us at 7 a.m., but the sun has yet to rise. The tired family gathers around the breakfast table grabbing Marie Calendar’s cinnamon rolls and Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits discussing our potential catches for the day. As the sun peeks through the cypress forrest, I remember how uniquely beautiful it is here. Rumored to be five hundred years old, bald cypress trees grow 60 feet out of the water. The angelic Spanish moss delicately hangs from the trees’ limbs — it doesn’t rustle in the wind like leaves do, rather it quietly dances and floats like individual notes in a harmonious composition. In the dark when the wind is still, they look like stalagmites in a cave. Legendary Billy Carter Billy pulls up a little after 7, and six of us pile into the boat. Billy’s roots run as deep as the ring-dated 400-year-old bald cypress trees that tower ...

Big Sky No. 2, parts 1+ 2

  By Jocelyn Tatum   I have an affinity for all things that cause me to look up — mostly trees and clouds. When I walk the dogs or go for a long run, I often trip over something because I am admiring tree limbs reaching toward the ever-changing clouds, or the way sunlight plays with both.    Komorebi is a Japanese word that doesn't have an English translation, which means the way light travels through the leaves of trees. I wonder if there is a word for the way light shines through the clouds. Fall Gallery Night 2019, I stumbled upon a magnanimous canvas of clouds with the sun piercing through. It knocked me back. I took a picture just to admire it from home but walked away knowing I would never allow myself to get it. A year later, it occurred to me that I still think about that art. The strange state of things and lots of extra time at home has encouraged me to do things I never thought possible. And I don't understand the correlation between the pandemic and my n...